Aug 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Strange

I'm pretty sure Strange was a year old yesterday. I mean, it might be older than that, but it's definately at least a year old now. Which is great - I never thought I'd still be working on it after a year! I still love it, even though it's changed drastically from the first version to what it is now. Originally, Strange was written in first person, and it didn't start off in Andar (which used to be called Anda-ra, by the way) but in my house, like my actual house that I live in right now, and the main character was more of "me" than Leyha. Also, her name used to be Aleyha, but I like plain old Leyha better. Plus, Leyha is closer to Leytah than Aleyha is, even if it's close in pronunciation to Leia, who isn't my original character, but what's-his-name who created Star Wars.

Strange is my major accomplishment when it comes to writing. It's the longest, largest original story I've ever written, even though it isn't finished yet (to tell the truth, it's nowhere near). The folder that contains all of the odds and ends of the actual story contains eighteen word 2007 documents whose contents total 358 KB or approximately 81 pages or 44447 words which all in some way or another relate to writing Strange.

In honor of it being a year old, I'm going to work on it some more, so that I can be even more accomplished. Or I'll just keep writing now, or something.

No comments: