Yeah. I'm writing something else. This is a bit more epic -- ie, it's not just one part. It sorta has a plot, but not entirely. Well, okay, it has a plot. It's just that it demonstrates said plot rather... strangely. I dunno. It's wierd, because it's me taking one of my... how do I put this... "thought-processes" one-shots -- where I basically look at a scene through (usually only) one character's eyes... or more specifically their brain. They're almost always one-shots and usually giant rambles of the thought proccesses going through such-and-such a character's head at such-andh-such a time.
Another thing that makes this one wierd is that it's in lots of parts, but the style of the different parts isn't consistent. I mean, I still write in third person past tense and distinguish between the Time Lord Doctor and the Human Doctor, because it's mostly from Rose's POV. Well, indirectly from her POV -- because he has a lot of input. And that's what the whole thing's about, actually. Rose finally accepting the Human Doctor as hers.
I'm throwing in some fun references to episodes we've seen and plots we haven't heard of at the moment. I'm currently claiming all of these plots as my own, because you know me, I'm always looking for something to write. We'll see if anything actually comes of these though. It more than likely won't. I thought long (well, not TOO long) and hard (yeah, I struggled with this and still don't even like it) about another phrase which the acronym TARDIS could stand for, and came up with one. It's not perfect, but it's also spot on (relatively -- it's still sorta forced, although if you think about it, "Time And Relative Dimensions In Space" only works for us because we're so used to it).
Anyway, that's what I'm up to at the moment. Also, it's sorta selfish of me, but I think I'm in desperate need of a beta. (Don't bother asking about the selfishness of it. I won't explain, but let's just say I'm super picky.) If someone wants to be my beta, or knows someone who can beta my stuff, feel free to comment here, PM me at FanFiction, or email me (use the email link on my FanFiction website though, not the email linked to this account).
Okay. That's all. I gotta get back to septtuple-tasking. (Email I'm in the middle of checking, 3 fanfics I'm in the middle of reading, the Next Doctor I'm in the middle of watching, and that fanfic I'm in the middle of writing.) Actually, it might be considered octuple-tasking becuase I've really got two emails I check but I only have one open at a time 'cause I'm wierd like that, and I actually have 3 more fanfics I've put on hold for a bit in that new Storymarks thing. ((which is SUPER handy. Except I managed to lose ones I had in there earlier somehow.))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment