Dec 17, 2009

Primeval

I've been meaning to write this post since Monday and keep forgetting.

Anyway, from Saturday to Monday I managed to watch all, and I do mean all three series, completely, of Primeval. It's brilliant, and I love the character relationships one hell of a lot. The chemistry between Andrew Lee Potts and Hannah Spearritt is just so incredibly brilliant, as Connor and Abby, that it really came as no surprised that the actors are engaged. I'm sorely tempted to write something for them, but I'm also afraid nothing I think of will do them any sort of justice. Oh well. I have an idea for a large Primeval fic, which sort of rectifies their incorrect interpretation of time and puts a 'me' in the midst of everything. Granted, she's actually Abby and Connor's granddaughter, and I'm at a loss for what to name her (some variant of 'hope'? or 'saviour'?). But she's pretty damn awesome, and is basically what I want to be doing in the midst of the Primeverse: travelling through the anomalies, knowing exactly what the hell's going on, being a manipulative teenager who everyone assumes is older than she is because she's manipulative and knowledgeable, and related to the two best characters.

Alright, that's all -- basically an explanation for why there won't be much Whoniverse-obsessing at the moment.

Name update: I've been simultaneously looking up names on Behind the Name (use that website way too much), and I'm leading towards some variant of the name 'Nada', which means 'hope' in Slavic and 'generosity' or 'dew' in Arabic.

No comments: