A little less than two weeks ago, right before I'd even gotten the idea for NADCT afterward - literally 3 days before I started typing NADCT afterward up - I started writing this story. It is, in essence, an HP Lucy Turnenbaumerumm fic, except for the fact that a) my name isn't Lucy in the story, nor is my surname Turnenbaumerumm and b) Selene isn't a part of this story. Instead, I get transported back in time to a parallel universe via some unknown magic. Interestingly enough, this relates to my previous post, What-Ifs.
Okay, so you're wondering how a sequel to NADCT afterward can affect a Lucy Turnenbaumerumm fic that isn't? It's simple, really. I go back in time and to a parallel universe; into Harry Potter land. Once I'm there, I need an identity, right? And who's going to take me siriusly - umm, seriously - if my surname is Turnenbaumerumm and I'm a Muggle-born who somehow knows WAY too much about magic and magical devices and such? I mean, I could lie, or fake it, but I'm so horrible at that that I won't even bother. Instead, I have a plan. And what could that plan be? Why, fudge a few details, leave an OC who died alive - I shouldn't have told you that, I should not have told you that - with a daughter who never existed, and use details I made up for "What-Ifs" to create the perfect, fail-safe me, of course! Ahem, Marie. Yes, that is her name. And you can laugh at it all you want! (By the way, I realize it's not fitting in the Black family tradition of naming children after stars and such, but that's because it was Julia who named her, and not her father, him being dead and all. Or would have, had she lived. I'm just giving away half of NADCT afterward here, aren't I?) I think Maria Harlan is a good name. Even if it is (almost) Maria (Harlan) Black. But since her father is, well, dead, that doesn't work, now does it? So, where was I? Ah right. Maria Harlan = me in my almost Lucy Turnenbaumerumm but not quite HP fanfic, which honestly, doesn't have a name right now. I will inform you when it a) does and b) is readable.
In short: I'm writing an insert-yourself fic - or an almost Lucy Turnenbaumerumm fic - with information from "What-Ifs".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment