So, today, I wake up and decide that, since my brother is using the computer, I'm going to go upstairs and watch TV for what ends up being practically the entire day - until 5 pm. I'm flipping through the channels, hitting specific ones: History, Discovery, Weather, AMC (if I'm remembering it correctly, that's where I caught Terminator 2 one night, right after Dracula 2000), TNT, TLC, Sci Fi, and finally Spike. I'm going to give you a synopsis of what shows I watch on these different channels, just so can make some sense of me. Note that when I say watch, I don't mean religiously; me watching a show means that I'll tune into it and actually pay attention when it's on, rather than just using the TV as essentially a white noise box.
The History Channel has showed some interesting shows in the past, but I usually catch it at bad times. Discovery Channel I got hooked on because of Mythbusters - the shows from there that I watch have expanded to include A Haunting, that Urban Legends show, Dirty Jobs, How It's Made, and It Takes A Thief. I can't stand Cash Cab or that crab show. Ah, hmm, Deadliest Catch, yeah, that's it. One the Weather Channel, I watch Storm Stories and It Could Happen Tomorrow, which usually come on around 3. On AMC, I watch movies, such as Dracula 2000 and Terminator 2, which I caught in one night, one after the other, on a night when it just so happened that I was looking for blood. I only caught like the first half of Terminator 2, though, which annoyed me. TNT, I think, is where I caught this really amazing show that I can't remember the name of about some girl with a bar code on the back of her neck. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Right. I also watch Charmed on TNT kind of regularly now. On TLC, I watch a lot of shows: What Not To Wear, John and Kate + 8, 10 Years Younger, Take Home Chef, Trading Spaces, and Flip That House. Does anyone else think that new show, the Singing Office or whatever, looks kind of interesting? Ah, right, back on track. On Sci Fi, I've watched many different things. It's my favorite thing to watch when no other shows that I particularly like (such as one of the ones I've mentioned above) are on, because it's always interesting. I believe that I caught Star Wars on there a while ago - or no, wait, I think it was Sci Fi that got me into Lord of the Rings. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever, so I'm going to assume it was some other channel that got me into Lord of the Rings, that I unfortunately can't remember at the moment. On Sci Fi, I've watched the X Files - which my dad, who owns about two dozen episodes from the first and second seasons on tape, got me into - and, when I recently discovered that the Sci Fi channel was its home, Ghost Hunters, which I had watched On Demand at a friend's house. I've also seen bits of Star trek (I think), Stargate Atlantis, and before today, Doctor Who. I'll be coming back to Doctor Who in a bit, after I say my little bit about Spike, the channel I rarely watch. I only really watch Spike for CSI, which is on from like 5 to like 7 (I might be wrong about those times) every afternoon. My friend, the same one who showed me Ghost Hunters, got me hooked on CSI and all its subdivisions. (I honestly couldn't tell you what my favorite was, since they all sort of blend together and not make sense any more.) It's become a bad habit of mine to go over to her house regularly to watch CSI (or some subdivision) and eat ice cream. And that concludes my TV watching explanation.
So, I said I'd come back to Doctor Who, didn't I? I did, and I will. Today, I was flipping through the above channels, looking for something to watch, and I discovered Doctor Who on Sci Fi (I only knew it was that cause I recognized the guy I'd thought of then as "the dude", who I later realized was the doctor - Doctor - hmm, neither look right, but that's probably because I'm not a proper fan yet, and it just seems like I'm randomly saying Doctor with a D). I watched until the commercial, became hooked, and then realized it was a marathon. So, I spent at least four hours - probably more like four and a half, if not more - watching Doctor Who. And I only proceeded to become more and more and more confused. But here's some evidence as to how emotional I always get watching movies/TV/whatever: I was practically sobbing at the end of the last one I saw today, which is when Rose is stuck in that parallel dimension forever (now I have a theory about this, but I might be wrong, since I'm not sure about the logistics of all of this), and the Doctor is talking to her through that almost-a-hologram thingie. I doubt that makes any sense, unless you know exactly what I'm talking about. And I'll tell you my theory which might not work because I'm not sure of the logistics, but only if you ask.
So yes. Even though I have practically no idea what the premise of the show is, I'm hooked. And I'm curious as to whether or not more episodes will be showing tomorrow. Because if they are, my day is booked.
In short: I have become hooked on Doctor Who. This giant post really is that simple - ignoring the long-winded explanation of my wierd TV-watching habits, of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment