Jun 19, 2008

Overnight camp

Fortunately for me, I go away for a week of overnight camp this coming week. I leave Sunday. I had a rather odd dream about it last night - actually really this morning, like actually this morning, because it was right before I woke up, and plus, I went to bed at like 1, which I've been doing repeatedly for the last week (not good) - about camp. I can't remember it, but I know it was wierd, and friends from school were there. Whatever.

Unfortunately for you guys - not that I know that 'you guys' is actually talking to anyone, since I haven't gotten a single comment on any one of my blog posts, so I can't be sure there's actually anyone reading this thing - that means that I will not have access to a computer from Sunday 6/22 to approximately Friday 6/27 (I may or may not be able to get online on Friday when I come back from camp, I don't know yet). Which doesn't really mean much, except that I won't be able to put up any stories during that time, even if I think of a brilliant title for NADCT afterwards, and I won't be able to respond to any reviews or PMs, which I plan to get seeing as I'm going to put up What-Ifs real soon, with a warning that it tells stuff from NADCT afterwards, but not really all too much.

Fortunately for you people, however, I will probably return with at least one story idea, or starter, or something. Did you know, the original ORIGINAL NADCT (version 1, can you believe that?) comes from this very same camp. Admittedly, that NADCT was rather retarded, and I was bunking with a friend, who I haven't actually talked to in two years, who was sort of ignoring me, because she had some other friend. On the other hand, this year, I am a lot less shy than I was two years ago and I am not bunking with that friend of mine this summer, so I should have a lot more fun at camp this summer. Unfortunately for you guys, that means I probably won't have as much time to write, because I'll be exhausted from camp, and I won't have as much time doing nothing (I've looked at the schedule, and unless I mis-read it, I have less time for free time and more for my elective this year as Varsity, not that that really matters) because I'll have friends to hang with in my free time. That doesn't mean I won't have free time, however, and of course there will be that part of me wishing that the original NADCT could come true, minus the whole I-hate-Sirius thing, the whole my-friend-is-a-werewolf thing, the whole I-can't-write-romance-that's-not-sucky feel that I get when I reread my story, and the whole my-name-is-Lexi thing, since it's not, it's Lucy. Other than that, I can live with the pranking-the-whole-camp-using-Muggle-safe-tricks bit, the Sirius-getting-bored-at-the-Potters'-house-since-this-is-totally-the-
summer-after-Sirius's-6th-year-at-Hogwarts bit, the Sirius-playing-an-amusing-trick-on-the-camp-with-the-help-of-a-
broomstick bit, the wading-in-the-ocean-at-practically-midnight-with-Sirius bit, the dog-who-follows-me-around-like-a-dog-who-is-actually-Sirius-as-an-
Animagus bit, and the Sirius-and-I-wandering-through-the-nearby-
Muggle-town-and-"stumbling"-upon-something-suspicious-at-#666-
that-is-nothing-more-than-a-"harmless"-party-that-just-happens-to-
include-Spin-the-Dare-which-is-a-game-I-made-up-for-the-Original-
NADCT-and-which-I-happen-to-love-the-playing-of-which-at-this-
party-results-in-my-almost-being-kissed-by-Regulus-Black (what other Reguluses do we know?) (wow, that was a long hyphenated word) bit. Oh, and I can live without the whole getting-syrup-from-pancakes-all-over-my-face-and-hair-and-glasses-
and-so-on-from-being-tripped-by-an-invisible-person-hiding-under-a-
certain-Deathly-Hallow thing, Sirius.

Oh my god, I would like, explode if even a bit of that happened. Any of the things I've mentioned - the ones I want to happen or the ones I don't. Well, preferably anything that I want to happen or the whole my-friend-is-a-werewolf thing or the whole getting-syrup-from-pancakes-all-over-my-face-and-hair-and-glasses-
and-so-on-from-being-tripped-by-an-invisible-person-hiding-under-a-
certain-Deathly-Hallow thing, which are only things I kinda don't want to happen.

If any of these things happen, I promise, I will inform you as soon as I return home. So, you'll know by Saturday at the latest.

In short: I'll be away at camp from this Sunday to next Friday. Only 6 days, so I think you'll live. However, I might not.

No comments: