Jul 25, 2009

$50 poorer but 4 books happier

So, guess what I found in Borders yesterday? Torchwood and Doctor Who books. I spent $50 -- well, my dad agreed to pay for half of them, so I only spent $25 -- and got three Doctor Who books and one Torchwood book.

The Doctor Who books are "The Stone Rose", "The Resurrection Casket", and "The Nightmare of Black Island". The Torchwood one is "Almost Perfect". And it is bloody brilliant. I've gotten halfway through it already, and I spent last night with a friend who came over and then slept over who's another Who fan but hasn't watched all of Torchwood so I can't really talk to her about them yet but she is so I'll be able to soon. When she gets to Children of Earth, which should be soon, I'm going to go over and watch them with her. It will be amazing. And this afternoon I hung out with a different friend who hasn't even heard of Torchwood or Doctor Who but is extremely into Harry Potter. So I've been in an extremely Harry Potter mindset, so much so that we went and created this huge family tree ish thing. And I made sure that Lucy Weasley, Percy's daughter, who we decided -- well, she had the idea and once she said it I couldn't help but agree -- has three kids who all have Welsh names. 'Cause she moves to Wales 'cause she's married to Fleur's sister Gabrielle's son Ty.

Duh.

And I have tried my very, very hardest not to make it too obvious how much I'm biding my time and waiting for a Torchwood/Harry Potter crossover to come out of my head, but the guy's the Head of the Welsh Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office.

At least I didn't make him work for Torchwood 3.

No comments: