Jul 19, 2009

New Story!

Yeah. I'm just that cool.

I thought of another Torchwood story. Actually, at the moment, I'm not working on it. I'm doing research, trying to acclimate myself to Cardiff a bit better and getting much too specific with the accents of my characters. Don't ask. You'll see soon enough, once I've gotten this thing uploaded, of course.

I would be writing, but I'm also listening to the Shrek soundtrack while I'm doing research, 'cause I had "Hallelujah" stuck in my head, so now I have to listen to the whole CD. And it's not that bad. The only thing is, I can't write while listening to music for some reason.

Hey, want a preview? I've got one. I'm going to tell you now, it's a humorous thing, even though I've written it quite seriously. It's just proving to be fun to write.

Okay. Preview time.
Title: Torchwood 3, Meet TORCHWOOD
Description: Strange things happen when you play with alien tech you don't understand. Traveling to Wales and meeting your heroes is just one possibility. Helping them solve an alien mystery comes as an added bonus.
Excerpt: (couldn't resist giving you the first bit)

“Jack, I’m recording some strange rift activity,” Toshiko Sato informed her boss over the comms. Two miles away, in one of the dark alleyways that the team of Torchwood 3 had come to expect them in, Captain Jack Harkness was hunting Weevil.

“Tosh, I’m a bit busy at the moment!” he answered, dodging the creature as it lunged at him. He was never, ever, going to take a full can of Weevil spray for granted again.

“When I say strange,” the Japanese woman went on, “I mean really–”

“Jack! Behind you!” Gwen Cooper, second-in-command, called out as she arrive on the scene. Too late. The second creature lunged at Jack tore into his neck, having the indecency to give him a very bloody death. Suddenly, Owen Harper, the team’s medic, hit the thing in the back of the head with a metal beam he’d found lying in the alley. As that one fell forward, Gwen remembered the can of Weevil spray she’d shoved into the coat she was wearing and used it to stop the other one. “Good shot,” she told Owen.

“Thanks,” he answered. Regaining their breath, they looked down to their boss. With a start, he harshly breathed life back into his lungs.

“Jack? Gwen? Owen? You alright?” Tosh’s voice filtered over the comm system. Jack sat up.

“What was that you were saying about unusual rift activity, Tosh?” he asked.

“It’s gone now, but there was a strange blip on the system. I’m not even sure it was rift activity, except that it was picked up by our rift monitors. Assuming it was rift activity, four things came through the rift. Nothing alive. They came through just outside of the range of CCTV, unfortunately, so I can’t see what they are. Thankfully, the signal’s still good, so I’m watching it. What’s weird is what the Torchwood database is recalling about an energy signature the things are giving off. You might want to come in to see this.”

“We’ll head back. See you in a few.” Jack switched off his comm and bent down to investigate the damage done to the Weevils. He back turned to his two partners. “What did you do to this one, hit it in the head with a crowbar?”


So, you think you'll like? I'm having a little too much fun with it already, and I've only gone through 2 more parts of roughly that size.

No comments: