Jul 17, 2009

Gwys vs. Gwack

Or, Gwen/Rhys versus Gwen/Jack.

Now. Gwys is canon. Gwack isn't totally canon, but it's ... more romantic than Gwys. Hence it being more shipped. The only problem with this situation -- the battle within me between Gwys and Gwack -- is that I am such an avid Janto shipper. Sure, this isn't a problem, 'cause it's not about Jack but about Gwen. And Ianto's dead anyway (*sobs her heart out*).

But canon Gwen's chosen Rhys, at least to the extent of... being married to him. See, I think she sees all this as just one big muddled mess of confusion. She's married to Rhys, but she won't... admit to her attraction to Jack, which makes Gwack quite... confusing. As I explained to my one friend, (and allude to -- well, I outright SAY the Gwen bit -- in my new fic that's going up soon) Gwen wants to kid herself into believing that she just loves Jack as a brother, but Jack's just Jack.

So I'm in inner turmoil, in the bits of my brain that are devoted to Torchwood and not screaming out at the injustice that is Ianto's death, as to which one prevails. Or maybe neither do.

Maybe Jack's just a bastard who up and leaves.

No comments: