Jul 22, 2009

Ways back into Torchwood

So, we know that Torchwood is dead. Or basically dead. But there's tons -- millions -- billions -- of ways back into it. Ways to get Jack back (the Doctor), ways to get Ianto back (the Kiss of Life), ways to rebuild a team (Lois).

Or, of course, RTD could pull one of the things he's so famous for and come totally out of left field but rebuild everything perfectly.

Or not.

But there's one of these that I want to talk about in particular. The way to get Ianto back. We all saw it, right? All of us. That after Ianto... died... Jack kissed him. On the lips. And... if I know anything at all about RTD, he wouldn't put something in there like that for no reason. Maybe it was just something John Barrowman thought of on the spur of the moment, but if so... It fits perfectly. Too perfectly. I don't think it could be an accident, not after all we've seen throughout Torchwood and Doctor Who. He wouldn't plant the opportunity to come back with something perfect like "the Kiss of Life" for no reason. I mean: in the first episode of Season 2, he foreshadowed the season finale. If that's not foreshadowing, evidence-planting brilliance, nothing is. Well, that and -- if you don't mind my going over to Doctor Who -- in the third episode ever of Doctor Who, he planted seeds for "the Darkness".

With an actress who would become Gwen Cooper, no less...

Anyway, I'm convinced that's not just a coincidence. I'm not convinced that anything around anything RTD has done is a coincidence anymore. Not the banana truck that caused traffic delays somewhere relatively near me. Not the random facts that keep lining up around me, they're too wierd to just be a coincidence. Not the (broken?) fob watch that my mum -- err, mom -- has somewhere.

None of it's a coincidence. It's too perfect to be coincidental.

1 comment:

RockHyrax said...

Hey, hey, what about Andy? He's awesome ("What kind of terrorist shhots at your wheels?") and Cardiff based. Jack (after being killed a few times), Ianto, Gwen, Andy and Lois. Back to five.

No, that is what we call wishful thinking, please note, my friend, that Jack loved Ianto, that's why he kissed him, to say goodbye. I still the TARDIS, come on, Jack bonds with it to bring Ianto back.

I think, maybe... You're reading a lttle too much into this one, Gwyneth was like Tosh (screaming her head off at a moving pig) in Aliens of London, an explained coincidence (there is such a thing as a coincidence), when they decided they like the actor.

I hate to say it, but, in "hiatus" most likely means "over". And we all know it. RTD has abandoned Doctor Who, why would he save Torchwood?

Yes, it needs to come back, but... maybe we're seeing things that aren't there?